Latest Oil Plant Strike Demonstrates 'Absolutely No Secure Locations in the Russian Distant Backlines'

Ukrainian UAVs have struck Russia's oil facility in Ufa, located some 1,400 km from the Ukrainian border, resulting in explosions and a blaze, according to a source in the Ukrainian SBU.

This marks the latest Ukrainian security service far-reaching assault in Bashkortostan in the last month. Those strikes demonstrate that there are no protected areas in the distant backlines of the Russian state.

Ukrainian President Urges Trump to Broker Ceasefire in the Conflict

The Ukrainian leader appealed to the US President to broker peace in the Ukrainian conflict during a telephone conversation on Saturday.

"Provided that a conflict can be ended in a single area, then certainly further hostilities can be ended as well, including the Russian aggression," the President remarked, hailing the US President's "outstanding" Gaza peace initiative and calling for the US president to pressure the Kremlin into talks.

Moscow's Assaults Kill Casualties in the Country

Russian attacks on Ukraine claimed the lives of five people on the weekend and disrupted electricity to parts of the south Odesa region, as stated by local sources.

Two civilians lost their lives in a religious building in the town when it was struck, according to municipal sources.

In Russia's adjacent territory of the Belgorod region, a lorry operator was fatally wounded by a Ukrainian strike, according to municipal sources.

Electricity Recovery Efforts in the Capital

Efforts proceeded on Saturday to repair energy infrastructure in the Ukrainian capital, after assaults.

Power had been restored to more than 800,000 residents by the weekend and the largest utility provider said the primary efforts to restore power was finished though some outages remained.

Air Defence Operations and UAV Jamming

Ukraine's air defences downed or disrupted 54 of 78 total enemy drones launched against Ukraine in the dark hours, the military announced on the weekend.

The Russian defence ministry claimed it shot down 42 enemy drones over Russian territory.

Cuba Denies Allegations of Sending Soldiers to the War

The Cuban government on Saturday rejected US claims it has deployed soldiers to engage in the hostilities, while declaring officials in Havana "lack precise details about Cuban nationals" participating "on their own" or "in the military forces of the conflicting parties".

The foreign ministry in the capital said 26 Cubans had been given prison terms to prison terms varying between five up to fourteen years for participating as mercenaries since last September when news spread of Cuban nationals being deployed to the battlefield in Ukraine.

Surrender Initiative Program Discloses Details on Cuban Involvement

I Want to Live, a official Kyiv project that encourages opposing fighters to lay down arms, stated in May: "We have confirmed the identities and information of over a thousand individuals who entered into agreements with the Russian armed forces in 2023-2024."

The government in Havana said of Cuban nationals who might be involved: "It is irrefutable that none of them has the encouragement, allegiance, or authorization of the Cuban state for their actions."

Kin of Cubans who departed to the Russian Federation in 2023 reported to international media at the time that their relatives had been deceptively recruited through ads on online platforms.

Teresa Bentley
Teresa Bentley

Elara Vance is a seasoned gaming journalist with over a decade of experience covering esports and indie game development.

Popular Post